February 21, 2016

Mosaic Gel Nails using Foil | Nail Art

Foil Mosaic gel nail art

Hey guys! I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday filled with Netflix and food. To wrap up this week and kick off the new one I will be showing you quite a cool nail art today. I think everybody knows what shattered glass nails are, right? So, because everybody is doing the shattered glass nails I was like meh. But I had some foil laying around because I ordered it a few months ago from Aliexpress and I reaallly wanted to use it. I thought; why not mosaic nails? Like seriously, why the hell not? It looks ridiculously intricate and fabulous and it is not that hard to do. Win win! Now, let's move on to the pictures and see for yourself how awesome these bad boys are!


Mosaik foil nail art
Mosaik foil nail art

So, how do we create this super cool nail art? Start out with painting your nails 2 coats of your favourite black gel polish and let it cure in between the layers. I used Pink Gellac Beautiful Black. Then get some foil, I got this one from Aliexpress, and cut it into teeny tiny triangles. Then pick up the triangles using a dotting tool and place them onto your nail like shown. When you are happy with the result, add 2 layers of top coat to smooth it all out and voilĂ ! I painted on a coat of Gelish Structure Gel to get a real glossy/glassy effect.

Mosaik foil nail art

It is such an easy nail art, however it takes some patience because of the tiny bits of foil. But in the end, it is so worth it! 

Mosaik foil nail art
Mosaik foil nail art

Have you already tried out the shattered glass nails trend? And what do you think of my take on it? Personally, I love it better this way. Sometimes, the shattered glass nails have a messy effect and I really do not like that. But hey, a few layers of top coat or structure gel might get rid of that! :-D


     

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...