December 4, 2015

Watercolour Christmas Trees | 12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Christmas Tree Nail Art

Hey guys! Are you ready for the second nail art in the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge? Well, I hope you are because here I am. Today's prompt is Christmas Trees. I really didn't feel like painting a classic Christmas tree on my nails so I began to think how I could make this prompt interesting for all of you. I personally love learning new techniques that are easy and quick to do and pretty much foolproof. So, may I present to you: my abstract Christmas trees inspired by watercolour tattoos. ;-) <3


Christmas Tree Nail Art

Christmas Tree Nail Art

For this mani I started out with 2 coats of a white gel polish and top coated it. It already top coated because I wanted to prevent the bright colours from staining the white base. Then, remove the sticky layer and put blobs of different colours on your nails. I used Pink Gellac Neon Pink, Baby Pink Gipsy Blue and Powerful Plum. Don't cure!

Dip a brush in alcohol and diffuse, blend and bleed the colours to get the watercolour effect. Make sure not to push too hard on your brush. You can also achieve this look by using Sharpies (Youtube -> Sharpie nail art). When you are happy with the result: cure, top coat and buff the surface, this makes it a bit rougher and easier to draw on.

To draw the trees I used a thin black pen, don't know what it's called exactly but it's easy to draw with :'). Make sure this is COMPLETELY DRY before you top coat! It will bleed or drag when it's not completely dry!

Christmas Tree Nail Art

I hope you enjoyed my take on Christmas Trees and if you did: leave a comment below. Also, make sure to check out the other entries! See you on Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Love your design/mani! I especially like the watercolor effect. It is nice to see winter nails that are in these colors blended together, very pretty. For the trees *easy to draw with* - LOL, I would have smudged lines! All in all, a beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's much easier then painting the trees with acrylic paint :D Just wait for at least 20 mins otherwise smudges. Smudges everywhere!

      Delete
  2. This is so wintery looking. Like a winter sunset reflecting off snowy trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your watermark winter design which makes think of a Christmas card or children's book pictures!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the watercolour background and the abstract trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and perfect in everyday!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...