April 15, 2015

OPI Hawaii Collection SS15 | Swatches

 
Hi guys! Exciting post today! My boyfriend got me the OPI Hawaii collection to swatch and review for you, wheeeeh! Except for My Gecko Does Tricks and Pineapples Have Peelings Too, but I didn't really like those anyway, haha. I also won't be swatching Is Mai Tai Crooked? as my camera freaked out and made it a pure bright orange. Fail. However I do have pretty swatches of the other 9 polishes, so make sure to take a look. ;-)*Picture heavy!* <3



That's Hula-rious!- Okay, so, my first picture is way to bright. Waaay to bright. Please keep that in mind, haha. This is a pastel mint green, one of my most worn colours everrrr. 2 easy coats, boom.


Suzi Shops & Island Hops- What a cute name! A light and happy baby pink, which will look great once I get a tan (if I ever get a tan). I needed 3 thin coats to get it perfectly opaque


Do You Take Lei Away?- Yaaaas baby. This ma thang! And it looks great with all the other shades from the collection. It's a creamy beige-ish nude, not as pink as OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around. This was 3 easy coats.


Aloha From OPI- Yeah, my camera freaked out again. I can't blame it because this polish sure is bright. If you are into bright reds and corals, this might by a good Summer alternative. My swatch is 2 coats but you might get away with just 1 coat!


Go With The Lava Flow- Well well well, at first I wasn't really feeling this orangy, corally red shade, it just wasn't my thing I think. Oh boy, I was wrooooong, so wrong. This turned out to be one of my favourites from the collection and I get all warm and fuzzy and butterfly-y when I think about wearing it. Yup, love. This was 3 very thin coats, so you would probably get away with 2 coats. Guys, check that shimmer, just do it.



Just Lanai-ing Around- A rosy, mauvey polish. I feel like this is more of a classic shade that can be worn year-round, however the shimmer makes it a bit special. It looks great paired up with Suzi Shops & Island Hops. This was 2 coats.


Hello Hawaii Ya?- A dusky raisin purple cream, not your typical Summer shade, but it works. And guys, this one has a great formula! Just 2 flawless coats. This is 2 easy coats


Lost My Bikini in Molokini- A bright purple, again with a perfect formula. My pictures show it a bit more blue-ish. This was 2 coats.


This Color's Making Waves- Yes, I love this polish so muuuch. A shimmery, lagoon blue with gold specks that perfectly resembles the tropical ocean of my dreams. I needed 3 coats for full opacity as the formula is rather thin, but it's so so worth it. 


What are your favourites from this collection? My top three is 1. This Color's Making Waves, 2. Go With The Lava Flow and 3. That's Hula-rious, closely followed by all the other shades I got :-D.

In Belgium, OPI is available at Planet Parfum and Lakstore.

OPI Belux: Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Lakstore Antwerp: Website | Facebook | Instagram
Planet Parfum: Website | Facebook | Twitter


     

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...